The knowledgebase is a categorized collection of answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) and articles. You can read articles in this category or select a subcategory that you are interested in.
Air Force Nonappropriated (NAF) Benefits
(AFMAN 34-310, paragraphs 1.7., 3.12., Chapters 15 and 16)
These programs provide eligible employees with life, accidental death and dismemberment, and health insurance protection at a moderate cost to the employer and employee.
Eligibility: To be eligible to participate, an employee MUST be a Regular civilian employee, and be employed by an AF NAFI in the U.S., or if employed outside the U.S., the employee MUST be a U.S. civilian (citizen, permanent resident, or non-citizen national of the U.S.) paid on the U.S. dollar payroll. Regular off-duty enlisted U.S. military personnel may NOT participate in the group health plan.
· Newly hired regular employees are eligible to enroll anytime during the first thirty days of employment.
· If an employee does not enroll during the first 30 days of regular employment, they may request to enroll at a later date, by submitting evidence of insurability to the HR Office.
Health and Life Insurance
· Carrier = Aetna International
o Medical Only
o Medical and Dental
o Stand Alone Dental
· Post Tax – employee Health Deductions will be taken out of your paycheck AFTER Taxes have come out. Employee can cancel insurance at any time when enrolled as post tax.
· Pre Tax – employee Health Deductions will be taken out of your paycheck BEFORE Taxes are taken. Employee MUST wait till open enrollment or a life altering/changing event (e.g. Marriage, birth of child, divorce) to make changes to their health or cancel.
· For more information please come to the Human Resources Office
(Ramstein Air Base, Building 2118, Room 139) or call 06371-47-2672.
Group Life Insurance: MetLife – Amount of Life Insurance coverage is determined based on annual salary.
o 30 day waiting period beings at the date of hire to a regular position or the date of change of employment category (Flexible to Regular), only one waiting period is required if no break in service. Life Insurance would be effective 31st day.
o Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage
§ Covers active employees
§ Must be a Regular employee working at least 20 hours weekly
o Family Member Life (FML) Coverage-Dependents:
§ Unmarried children up to age 19
§ Unmarried children who are full time students will be covered up to age 23
§ Handicapped dependent child
Temporary Continuation of Group Health coverage (TCC)
· Eligibility: *NOTE: If you are Medicare eligible at the time of the qualifying event, you are not eligible for TCC coverage.
o The employee’s termination of employment (includes retirement or layoff) or loss of eligibility due to reduction in hours.
o The employee’s death.
o The employee’s divorce or legal separation.
o A dependent child has ceased to be an eligible dependent (e.g. has reached limiting eligibility age under the Group Health Policy).
o Loss of employment due to disability.
· For more information please come to the Human Resources Office (Ramstein Air Base, Building 2118, Room 139) or call 06371-47-2672.
401K – Wells Fargo - This Plan provides eligible employees with an employee and employer contributory retirement savings plan.
· Eligibility: An employee MUST be a Regular employee with 30 days of service as a Regular employee.
o Vested after three years from the date you become a Regular employee.
o PRE-TAX contributions reduces taxable income.
o Employee can contribute from 1% - 92%.
o Improves Financial Security.
o Employer Gives You “Free” Money up to 3%.
· For More information please come to the Human Resources Office (Ramstein Air Base, Building 2118, Room 139) or call 06371-47-2672.
AF NAF Retirement – Financial Benefits make it wise to participate. Stable investment. Not reliant on The Stock Market Values/Trends.
· Eligibility: MUST be a regular employee for one year.
o Vested after five years from date the date you enroll in AF NAF Retirement.
o Employee contributes one percent of Basic Pay.
Article ID: 81
Date added: 15-Sep-2016 12:50:41
Views : 250
Rating (Votes): (8)