The knowledgebase is a categorized collection of answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) and articles. You can read articles in this category or select a subcategory that you are interested in.
SUBJECT: Reasonable Accommodation
(AFMAN 34-310, paragraph 126.96.36.199., AFI 36-205(pending publication)
SYNOPSIS: Air Force Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) activities are encouraged to give full consideration to employing and selectively placing people with disabilities in NAF organizations. The employment and promotion of these people is based solely on their ability to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
· Reasonable accommodation may include, but is not limited to:
o Making existing facilities used by employees readily accessible to and usable by individuals with disabilities
o Job restructuring, modifying work schedules, or reassignment of a current employee to a vacant position; and
o Acquiring or modifying equipment or devices, adjusting or modifying examinations, training materials, or policies, and providing qualified readers or interpreters
· NAF Activities are not obligated to provide personal use items such as glasses or hearing aids
· NAF Activities are not required to remove an essential function of the job as a reasonable accommodation
· Employees with disabilities are held to the same standards of performance and conduct as other similarly situated employees without disabilities
· Note: AFI 36-205, Reasonable Accommodation, is still pending publication at this time.
Article ID: 84
Facility: Employee Management Relations (EMR)
Date added: 15-Sep-2016 16:10:30
Views : 122
Rating (Votes): (8)